Hudson had his first fever on Sunday. Neither of us liked it one bit. He started getting a cough on Saturday and by Sunday afternoon he was congested, hacking away, and up to almost 102 degrees. Poor little guy. His hoarse voice is so cute, but it breaks my heart. My dad and Michael (Maddie's boyfriend who's here visiting) gave him a blessing on Sunday night. He woke up a lot during the night and I was really worried about being able to fly on Tuesday. I called our doctor and they said to take him into a med clinic to makes sure his ears and lungs were clear. My mom and I went today and we're okay for the trip back to Memphis. He just has a something viral (cold or a little flu). The doctor said it should only last for about 5 days so I'm hoping today was his worst day. At least he's still got a healthy appetite and thank goodness for bulb syringes. He's been sneezing on everyone so we'll probably leave a sick or soon to be sick house tomorrow. It's just too bad that he had to get so sick on his last few days here in California. Today he didn't get to play with anyone. He was either sleeping, eating, whining/crying, or gettign his nose cleaned out or diaper changed. Sad, sad, sad.
On a happier note, it was very fun to go to church on Sunday and show off Hudson to the ward. He hadn't gotten too sick yet so he wasn't miserable. Oh, and if in recent pictures he looks like he has strange red spots on his cheek, that's because he does. I think it might be baby eczema and I'm getting some cream for it. Here are some pics:
I love this picture! Three wonderful men after a great day at church.
A sweet picture of my grandparents. I love them and I'm so grateful Hudson got to meet them.
Introducing Hudson to his great grandma Olea Mae Babbel Woolf
Snuggles
An impromptu concert on Sunday evening by my studly bro
The poor sick baby this morning
Poor, poor baby
Although I am beyond ecstatic to be with my wonderful husban again, I am so so sad to leave California. It has been so nice to be surrounded by loved ones, eat glorious food, be entertained, play endless rounds of Mexican Train, be loved, helped, snuggled and everything else that comes with going home. Isn't family the greatest?
3 comments:
Come back to me my son!!!
so sad to see them sick! Get well Hudson!
ah loved the picture of g'ma nd g'pa
Post a Comment