The weather here is so unbearably hot and humid. We went to the pool the other day and I couldn't even stay longer than 30 minutes. Hudson was just too miserable. By the time we walked home (3-4 minutes) Hudson was soaked with sweat. It's not even worth it to leave the house sometimes! I think Hudson's face here says it all:
Haha, this was after we got home from the pool. Poor buddy.
The heat really sucks the life out of you. When I'm out there in nothing more than a swimsuit cover up, I can't even imagine how people handled living here when they had to wear long dresses and bonnets and ride in wagons and make do without air conditioning. I am very grateful for air conditioners. And also that we don't pay for our utilities here-- the company does. Yay! I bought a spray bottle/fan thing at Walmart today that I hope will make pool time a little more enjoyable and less worrisome for me as a mother of an overheating baby.
So, I don't know what it is about this little green outfit, but it demands photoshoots almost every time Hudson wears it. So you see, it's out of my hands, really.
Enjoy~
Nice toe touch. Hudson's so athletic.
Nothing sweeter than a baby's pure joy
Hudson is so obsessed with being able to lunge forward and scoot that he sometimes forgets to look where he's going. Today in his pack 'n play he was rolling and scooting and lunging and I came over to admire his efforts. He looked at me, gave me a great big grin, and then threw himself forward... Right into the side of the crib. Luckilly it's mostly just mesh so it didn't really hurt him. It just surprised him and I burst into laughter which made him look over at me and smile and then do it all over again. After the second time he fussed a bit (pain or frustration... not sure which) so I pulled him out and gave him a hug. Funny little guy.
One last thing... Someone at Walmart today thought Hudson was a girl. What? Rude. Later, my friend and I both reassured each other that our sons both look like boys and are the cutest babies in the world. Hmm, what silly little mothers we are.
1 comment:
I'm just SO happy he's got my athletic genes.......Toe touching has always been the sport I excelled at!!!
Post a Comment