Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Daddy Day!

Happy Father's Day to all those dads out there! Thanks to mine and Bradon's for being such wonderful fathers and grandfathers! Unfortunately Brandon is feeling quite under the weather so it's not really the day we had planned, but that's okay. I'm so grateful that Brandon is such a wonderful father to Hudson. I love to seem them playing together. Hud gets so excited when he sees Brandon coming over to him.


Old pictures, but good ones. :) I was going to take some today, but bad head colds and pictures don't mix well.

Oh, I got this little onesie for Brandon from Hudson-




Wanting to roll over the second I put him down...
Taking pictures of this litte one can sometimes be difficult. I have to be quick because he's even quicker.

And last but definitely not least, I want to wish my dad a happy Father's Day.



I remember once when I was about six or seven I had my first talk in primary and my dad was supposed to come into the primary room to hear me. Something happened at church so that my dad couldn't get away from his meetings in time and he came in just as I finished my talk. I can't remember the talk or giving it or what I was wearing or even who else was there to hear me. What I do remember is going to the drinking fountain after Primary and meeting my dad there. He had tears in his eyes and he kneeled down next to me so we were eye to eye. He apologized for missing my talk and told me he had done everything he could to get there. I have this crystal clear picture in my mind of him saying, "I'm so sorry I missed it," while a tear rolled down his face. I'm sure I recited my talk for him later at home and it wasn't a big deal, but this memory is very telling of my dad's character and how he treats his children. My dad is incredibly supportive and proud of us. He tries to be there for every single event, no matter how big or small, if it's important to any of his kids. He has also always made sure to apologize if he felt he'd done something wrong which taught me valuable lessons in humility. He is one of the most loving people I know. As a family we came up with a special hand signal (holding up three fingers) as a way of saying "I love you" for situations where words or noise are not allowed. All through my life, during talks, choir and orchestra concerts, piano competitions, graduations, and I think even as I was walking away from him and my mom to go through security at the airport last week, my dad was there-- waving his hand with three fingers extended with a big grin on his face.
I love you, Dad ("soooooooooooooooooooooo much" as we used to put in our letters to each other) and I'm thankful for you every single day. You're the most wonderful father I could ask for.

Eskimo kisses with my dad.

1 comment:

Hayley Marie said...

I love this story of your dad! You are so right, that is exactly the type of dad he is :)