Thursday, June 10, 2010

Oh California, I'm coming home...

Hudson and I made it safely to Granite Bay, CA to see our family and friends back home. I was very nervous about flying with a baby for the first time (especially since he was so fussy the day before), but we did pretty well. The first flight from Memphis to Houston was on a tiny plane, but the lady next to me was nice and sweet with Hudson. The second flight (which we had to run for because the first was delayed) was four hours long and Hudson only slept for 40 minutes. He wasn't crying, but I had to keep him busy for the whole flight so he wouldn't fuss. Thankfully, we somehow ended up on a row of three seats all to ourselves so we had lots of room and privacy for diaper changes, feedings, bouncing and playing.

Hudson's one short nap on the long flight.

So far we have had a blast just being home and being with family. My horrible allergies aside, California is a wonderful place to come home to. The climate is lovely and the smell in the air is to die for. Hudson's having a grand old time having so many loving people to fight over him. He loves to roll around and scoot slowly across his blankets to show off for them. Our friends the Longoria's kindly let us borrow a bunch of baby gear that has come in handy.


We went over to the Doyle's and Hudson loved seeing Uncle Tanner who looks and sounds so much like Brandon.

Brandon's cousin Courtney has a daughter who is three days older than Hud and they came over to the Doyles. Berkeley was so cute and made Hudson look like a chunk, haha. He was quite taken with her and kept touching her hand and arm and rolling to be closer to her. I don't think the feeling was very mutual. Berkeley was a little "too cool" for Hudson. :) My mother-in-law took more pictures that I'll try to get soon. Her camera's way better than mine so I just let her take them and then I steal them.

This is a piece of the Golden Gate Bridge which has special significance to my family. My grandma loves the Golden Gate and used to walk it whenever she could. We would all walk it as a family when we were in the City and my dad actually proposed to my mom while walking across the bridge. We got this piece for my grandma several years back and after their house burned down last year we rescued it put it in our front yard.

Hudson and I had a major giggle fit last night with my mom and sisters. I was doing this loud, goofy laugh and Hudson would crack up. Maddie took a bunch of pictures of Hud laughing.







Funny picture of Hudson this morning spitting up his breakfast... Cute pjs :)

We're having a great time here, but we miss Brandon! And Cailey and Kenna who aren't home right now.

No comments: