Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Diaper Story- Readers, Beware

I don't usually blog about diaper stuff. It's just not me and my blog's kinda thing. However, this morning there was an incident that had me and Brandon laughing so hysterically I had to write it down just so we could remember it. So I'm really sorry, but if you're squeamish, just move along...

A little background: Hudson's been going number two a lot less lately. He went from about 3-4 times a day to once a day. The last two weekends he didn't go at all. Apparently Hudson doesn't believe in making messy diapers on Saturday or the Sabbath. The result of this new trend is explosive diapers when he makes his daily doodie. (Side note- this isn't related to starting rice cereal since it began about a week before we started feeding him that so I don't know what's going on... Maybe just transitioning? I'll call the pediatrician, I guess...)

Now for the story:
Hudson was sitting on my lap while Bran and I were on the couch watching something on TV when I suddenly hear Hudson doing his business. I fly up and hold him away from me (I was wearing a white skirt. Foolish, I know) and bring him over to his blanket on the floor. I let him roam around on the blanket, periodically checking to make sure he's not leaking, until the noises stop. Then I see a telltale streak of the stuff on the blanket. Whoa, where did that come from? I turn him on his back and see that it's coming up the front (not so unusual these days) so Brandon comes to help because he's kicking and slapping and getting it all over as I try to take off his onesie. We double-team it and use up over ten wipes, all the while trying to get our squirming, squealing babe to stop squirming and squealing for two seconds. I then hand a new diaper to Brandon to put on Hud while I run off to dispose of the old one and wash my hands-- I got the worst of it. I hear a yelp from Brandon and come running back (I like that I'm saying running when our apartment is about twelve square feet total) to find Brandon laughing while saying, "He pooped again! He pooped again!" Miscommunication on our part, Brandon thought he was supposed to let Hudson roam nude for a bit since we do that sometimes due to Hudson's diaper rash-prone skin.
There was little Hud bud, trying to crawl away from his daddy with a wicked little grin on his impish face and a mess all over his legs, feet, and the blanket. Bran and I are both cracking up by now. I wipe him up as best I can and tell Brandon to take him to the bathroom so we can give him a bath while I take care of the blanket. I'm interrupted by another scream of laughter and panic from Brandon in the bathroom.
"Is he pooping again?!" I holler.
"No! He's peeing all over me!" Brandon yells back.
I rush in to find Hudson still squirting everywhere while a helpless Brandon (shaking with laughter) holds him under his armpits. Hud is still grinning. We switch places (the tiny bathroom isn't big enough for both of us to be standing in there at the same time) and fill up his tub with water. We can both barely breathe now between fits of laughter. Brandon then gives Hudson to me and goes to get wash cloths and a towel for Hud and paper towels and Clorox wipes for the bathroom. He then goes to check his phone which has been ringing incessantly since the beginning of the whole ordeal.
Hudson was quite content in his tub full of warm water and he looked very pleased with himself. Once he got dried off, lotioned up, freshly clothed, and snugly wrapped he settled into his crib for a nap, happy as a clam.

I suppose you would be that happy too if you finally got all that mess out of you.

Anyway, I really do apologize if any one is adverse to reading about diaper adventures.
But hey, that's life!

This was a while ago, but it's the same deed... Caught in the act :)

The infamous grin... Although it's a little less of a "wicked" one here and a little more of a "cutest and sweetest and silliest baby in the world" kind of grin.

1 comment:

Megan said...

So funny! We have had a couple of those experiences and they are hilarious. Hudson is getting so big and looking so cute. We can't wait til October!

We miss you guys!