Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

First of all... Happy Birthday, Mackenna!!!!  (Yesterday) The most important thing about July 4th is that it's my wonderful sister's birthday. Yay! I wanted so badly to be able to celebrate with her. She is amazing and an incredible sister. We miss her very, very, very much. Come visit!
Well, we had a great Independence Day weekend. A date night to see Knight and Day (which I loved-- also, the first movie I've seen in theaters since Hudson was born), church, relaxing Sunday, yummy dinner, and amazing fireworks.

On the way to church in his cute 4th of July outfit

We took a few impromptu family pictures after church


Posing in the Bumbo

Talking about something very important I'm sure

Playing on the grass

Waiting for the fireworks to start


We went to Germantown for the fireworks show. We got there just as the parade was finishing and we nabbed a great spot right by where they were lighting the fireworks. It was LOUD, but amazing. The finale was spectacular.

Haha, funny picture of me, but this is how Bran and I took turns holding Hudson during the show. It was really loud and I didn't want Hudson to get scared or his ears to get damaged or anything (what do I know?). He really enjoyed the show, if you can tell. He did get a little annoyed with us holding his head the whole time though. :)

It was a great night. The weather was perfect and we were with fun people.

My camera was running out of battery so it's short, but here's a quick video of Hudson waiting for the fireworks show to start.

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th! I'm thankful to live in this wonderful country and for everything the Founding Fathers did to make it this way.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Great pictures! You look great! Hudson is adorable and we cannot wait til you all get back!

Anonymous said...

Love all these pictures. I especially love any picture where Hudson's eyes are huge and looking at the camera like, "Why are you taking another picture, mom?" Well, I'll tell you why Hudson, it's cause your auntie can't get enough of them.