Well, our days with Elvis have drawn to a close. We spent the weekend packing and getting ready to make the move to Wausau, WI. We snuck in some fun play times as well.
Hudson loves to ham it up for the camera
He kind of looks like a little elf with his cute ears, haha
Funny smile :)
Close up of the drool man
Trying to get out of the bumbo... as usual
He makes me laugh
And speaking of laughing... We went to Marlowe's (Elvis' favorite rib joint) to get some of their famous ribs before we left town and Hudson was loving it for some reason. Here he is laughing for the camera-
With his daddy
With his mommy
So cute sitting at the table like a big boy
We got an appetizer sampler that had corn fritters, fried green tomatoes, fried dill pickles and fried chicken. I thought we should really try the whole fried thing done right (no KFC stuff) at least once before we left and let me tell you, it was done right. I'm not really a huge chicken tenders/fingers/strips person, but that chicken was sooo delicious. I even liked the tomatoes and corn fritters (although a bit strange and sweet). It might have been the fried part that I enjoyed so much, haha. Good ribs too, but the best ribs we have and ever will have are still J. Willy's in South Bend, IN. I miss those a lot.
I don't enjoy packing. However, Hudson enjoys getting into what I've packed.
Brandon and I had a very fun date night on Saturday evening. We left Hud with one of the wives here and went to an amazing steak house called Folk's Folly. It's my dad's favorite steak place anywhere in the world so we had to try it before we left. It was amazing and worth every single penny. We went all out and got appetizers, steaks, drinks, and a dessert. We hadn't had a real date night in a while so we had a blast.
I have A LOT to say about Wausau, but save that for a bit later today once I take a few pictures of our very unexpected apartment.
No comments:
Post a Comment