When Hudson and I are bored we dance around the apartment. He has some pretty sweet moves. My moves make him laugh. And sometimes we just twirl around over and over, both squealing with delight. In this apartment so far we have danced to everything from Chicago to John Legend to The Beatles to Little Joy to Frank Sinatra to Feist to most anything and everything else. Yes, we have a lot of time on our hands. But today we settled on the Dan in Real Life soundtrack and found the perfect match. Sondre just fits here. Of course he fits just about anywhere. I've blogged about my dear, darling Sondre Lerche before (last summer, I think) and I am still in awe of him. His song "To Be Surprised" is our new theme song. I have been and continue to be surprised by this summer, by life, by my wonderful husband and perfect little son, and by the way we as humans can adapt to whatever circumstance we're put in and make the best of it. And I think Bran, Hud and I are not just making the best of it, we're having a ball. That could just be my Sondre mood talking. But really, life is great, isn't it?
The weight of the world
And the hurt and the dirt
Can make you disturbed
But I heard, but I heard
When I wrap my arms around you
Every mistake we made crumbles
When I wrap my arms around you
Everything echoes a new song
I'm not gonna lie
Saying everyone's gonna be alright
And fine until we die
But what else can you do
But hope and pray and save
And we'll get by
Be prepared to be surprised
Better be prepared to be surprised
You got to be prepared to be surprised
It's all I know
So here's to Life, my boys, and Sondre Lerche. You make me feel like dancing.
Playing superman on mom's knees
I love this baby's face
1 comment:
Hey Britty, So this blog just brought some big ole tears to my eyes. I love that you appreciate each bit of your life.......good and bad.......If you can't laugh through it....you'll never get through it! And you two will never run out of things to laugh about!!!!!
Post a Comment