Sunday, December 5, 2010

Salzburg Longings

The Christmas Devotional tonight was so lovely. The messages were beautiful and the music magnificent. I said it before and I'll say it again. Christmas is magical and I love the feeling of love, kindness, and peace that infuses everything. It's like the twinkle lights I see wherever I go shed a delicate sheen of goodness on everything around them. It makes me feel like cozy fires, hot cocoa and sweet kisses from a baby who loves me. Mmmm... I love it.

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's performance of Silent Night was incredible and it got me thinking about the history of that hymn and all my family's Christmas field trips to the Stille Nacht Kapelle (Silent Night Chapel) in Austria during the three wonderful and lucky years we lived there. This was where the sweet and simple hymn was first performed.


And all that reminiscing made me really miss Salzburg

To me, it is the most beautiful place on earth


This place (Christkindlmarkt) always smells of candied nuts and cinnamon.

And of course I can't forget Mondsee. Home sweet home.



Thanks, google, for the pictures. :) I can't wait to take Brandon and Hudson to Austria someday to show them where I spent some of the happiest years of my life and introduce them to the amazing friends I made while living there.

And here's Hud because no post is complete without him.

2 comments:

-M said...

I want to go home!!!!!! And by home, I obviously mean Salzburg. Someday, we're going to have an awesome sisters trip there and we'll buy more crap than mom ever dreamed of :) Can't wait to see you Thursday!

Hayley Marie said...

And here's Hud... haha I love you and I know you had fun over there in Europe but I'm glad you moved back so we could be friends. I'm sure Brandon is happy about that too :) It was great to see you in CA!