Friday, December 3, 2010

All About Hud... What else is new?

I went to a RS activity last night. It was a Christmas ornament exchange and Bran was still working so I had to take Hud. This meant that I spent most of the evening chasing after him, getting spit up on, and giving people back their cell phones and keys. I have a very wild child. Also, I am pretty sure that everyone thinks I'm playing house. Or maybe I just feel that way. I'm by far the youngest women (ick, still can't stay that) girl in the Relief Society and one of the few that only has one kid. They are all unbelievably nice and friendly and I'm sure I'll end up loving all of them. I already love the general feeling and camaraderie I've noticed so far. It was hilarious to see everyone getting feisty over the ornaments they wanted to steal from their neighbor (that fits in more than one way seeing as "ward" and "neighborhood" are synonymous here). I had fun joining in on the teasing and taking when I wasn't crawling around after my Curious George.

Speaking of the monkey, here's some stuff I want to remember:

Hudson has a new laugh. It's the sound you make when you suck in air really loudly in your throat/chest. You know, like how the nerdy guy laughs in TV shows? When he first started doing it I was worried he had asthma or something but thankfully he just likes to do goofy laughs and sounds. We love it! :)

Hudson loves the cold. I always expect him to whimper or bury his head into my shoulder or at least scowl  when the icy wind hits him, but oh no. He throws his head back, grinning madly, while giggling as the arctic breezes assail his rosy cheeks. I think people are starting to stare at us when we go to and from our car into Walmart (we go there way too often lately) as they see a very young looking mom (I'm self conscious since people were still accusing me of being no more than fifteen --oh, and yes, I did even get twelve once when I wasn't wearing makeup-- only last year. Yes, that was when I was pregnant. ) with a contrarily giddy baby in her arms while the rest of creation burrows further into their coats while shaking metaphorical fists at the dreary sky.

Hudson is getting harder to feed. Meal time is crazy. He still eats a lot, but it just takes longer. He gets distracted and irritable and flicks my hand away when the spoon is full of food and the result is a very frustrated and messy mommy and baby. He loves to snack though... Oh boy, does he love to snack.

Hudson's finally starting to dance. Really dance. He's always seemed to like music, but now he actually repeats his own little dance move whenever he pushes the buttons on his toys that make music. He has this groovy head bob, body crunch move that he does when the music comes on. Also, his face usually remains totally serious. He doesn't kid around. Dancing is serious business at our house.

Hudson also waves. Actually, it's more like a salute. Over Thanksgiving break, when I'd bring Hud up from his naps he'd greet everyone by throwing up his arm. At Brigham's court of honor I was the chorister and when I got up to lead the singing he kept waving at me so adorably that I almost started giggle-crying in front of everybody.

Hudson likes to fake share. This is when I give him a piece of toast and he tears off pieces and then tries to feed them to me. At the last moment, though, he changes his mind and puts them in his own mouth instead. Tricksy little kid. :)
 
As previously mentioned, Hudson loves trying to throw and then chasing after and wrestling balls. He crawls around, using his hands as feet, kicking the ball out in front of him and then crawling after it and doing it again. He's obsessed with this little activity and tries it with all his toys. It seems to frustrate him when not everything rolls the way it should. Over the break, he kept finding mandarins and chased them around the kitchen, quite gleefully.
 

New toy from Daddy! Bran kept buying Hudson presents while we were gone because he said it made him miss him less... Hud's not complaining, but I'm wondering where my presents are...


Peekaboo!! We play this game a lot... :)

No comments: