Thursday, December 16, 2010

One week ago Hudson took his first steps. Now, he still hasn't taken more than two steps before either sitting down or lunging into my arms. He's just very content to crawl. This is fine and everyone tells me to be grateful, but he's been crawling for over five months now and he's so fast I don't see how chasing after him as he walks would be any more inconvenient scrambling after him as he crawls. I'm excited to see him walking. And maybe I will regret that once he starts running, but for now... I'm excited. He seems to be trying a little more today. He attempted walking from the wall to his exersaucer, but ended up tripping in his jammies and hitting his face. Lots of kisses and cuddles and a few morsels of cookie made him feel better. That kid is way too good at falling and way too good at begging for cookies.

In other news, Brandon and I love to watch Hudson try to imitate us. He copies our actions, noises, and faces. We also love/are apprehensive about his little temper tantrums. We know it's time for a nap or bedtime when he sits on the ground, kicks his feet wildly, throws whatever he's holding, scrunches up his face and starts yelling/crying. I don't think that's the sort of thing that stays adorable as the years go by so we're trying our best to help him learn to regulate his emotions. His little fits never last long and usually we can distract him by playing music. He loves it. Even when I'm calling someone and their ring back tone comes, he hears it, whips his head around, flashes me a gummy smile, and starts bobbing that head and waving those arms.

I hardly ever post videos so here are a few:

This was two months ago... He still loves making these sounds. I'm not sure what Brandon's saying so authoritatively at the end, haha


This was over thanksgiving when Hudson kept stealing my camelbak water bottle


I only caught the tail end of it, but Hudson was doing the signature Gallacher brothers (my dad and uncles) dance.


Hudson copying daddy

Okay, videos try my patience and take forever to upload so I'll be done for now.

1 comment:

LOLorrie said...

i find myself copying Hudson!!! I'm getting pretty good too!!!!