In any case, I feel like I have a lot to catch up on. I got behind because I ran out of space and I couldn't do another post until I added my two bits to google's rather deep pockets. I didn't know that you could run out of space on blogs. I guess I'll have to start resizing my pictures now that I'm paying for it. Please don't make me feel even more ignorant by thinking, "What? You didn't know you were supposed to resize all your pictures?" I live and learn.
Back to catching up, Thanksgiving was simply delightful. Hudson and I traveled home with Mackenna and we unfortunately ditched our third musketeer. Poor Brandon, as a very new employee of TD Ameritrade, couldn't get off work the day after Thanksgiving so he allowed me and the little man to celebrate in style with the family while he flew solo (actually, he met up with a bunch of my extended family on my mom's side who were in town so he did alright). Kenna and I had a blast on the road trip. It was several days later than originally scheduled because of the dangerous weather warnings, but after maybe... twelve or thirteen different plan changes, we finally made it home the day before the big day.
This post might take a while. I'm feeling wordy.
Anyway, we spent five glorious days feasting, feeling sick, then feasting again, singing, laughing, staying up late reading, talking or playing games, and (in my case) waking up between 4:30 and 6 am every morning. Don't ask me why Hudson took the one hour time change so hard. My little bro got his eagle and we got to be there for his court of honor. We five sisters were very proud of our boy and clucked and cooed over him like the hen-ish little matrons we are.
The drive back was pretty good too. Madster and Caye joined the party and we had a grand time coaching each other on what to say to prospective beaus (or husband in my case) through texting conversations. Girls are so silly. Hudson seemed amused when he wasn't snoozing or screaming at the injustice of being crammed into a little car seat for 10+ hours. Actually, he's a pretty great traveler. Minimal fussiness, decent naps, and lots of entertainment for the rest of us. He spent the gas/bathroom breaks jumping up and down on our laps, attempting to climb over seats and into the back of the car, and patting us all on our cheeks while screeching in delight.
Now that we're back, we're both having withdrawals (for food and family and attention). Hudson's back to sleeping well though (he slept until 9 this morning!) so that's a relief.
But let's be honest, I'm having a grand old time writing away, but the only thing people come here for is pictures... mostly of the little stud that I have the pleasure of (s)mothering every blessed morning, noon and night.
So here you go...
This was a few days before we left. My little boy blue.
He loves to throw his head back and grin at us while breathing loudly through his nose. Funny how that can be so cute on a baby but would probably be really weird if an adult tried it.
Hud and our mountain. Our backyard is now winter white. :)
This cracks me up. He's on a path of destruction judging from the havoc and disorder behind him. He randomly goes on the attack. Also, these might be the cutest jammies ever created. Also, also, Hudson has a sock in his hand probably 75% of his day. He loves them.
He loves to stand and cruise and can walk around holding one of my hands, but he refuses to walk by himself. He's happy speedily crawling wherever he pleases. I suppose I should be grateful, but he's been cruising and standing for almost five months now and I can't wait to see his first wobbly steps.
Puttin' in a hard day's work
Blurry, but telling. This kid loves balls. He throws them, rolls them, chases them and wrestles them.
So polite, his pinkie up and everything.
I didn't even get into the Thanksgiving pictures yet, but this post is dragging on and on so I'll separate them. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment