Wednesday, April 13, 2011

We are having a major wind storm right now. I had to go to the grocery store to pick up a few things after Hudson went to bed and I was almost blown away. I passed cop cars working on a fallen tree and when I came out of the store my newly bought pack of paper towels flew out of my cart! I had to chase after it in my sweats, hoodie and flip flops. As I pulled out of my parking spot and drove away I saw something small scurry in front of my car from one planter to another. I realized it was a mouse and I felt a little sad for the small vermin (although I normally despise the things) because as much as I love a good wind storm, it was cold and dark and I was very happy I had a warm, cozy house to go home to. Most importantly, I'm grateful that the warm and cozy house is also home to these two men...

I don't think life gets any better than this.

Speaking of the good life, Hudson and I have been able to go to the park the past three days and it's been heavenly. Breaking up the routine and letting Hudson get a lot of his wiggles out has been so good for us. The weather the first two days was perfect (pictures to come) and we made some fun new friends, but Hudson took a longer than usual nap this afternoon -- I'm not complaining, I had a new (to me) Emilie Loring novel to pass the time-- and so we didn't make it to the park until 5:30 pm when the wind was first starting to pick up. We had a blast and I taught Hudson how to dance in the wind. This is an essential part of life and Hudson took to it like a pro. Brandon met us there after work and took a little video of our antics. It was taken after most of our best work, but you can see it if you click HERE. We are very silly, but very happy. Happy with each other and with nature.

Here's some eye candy:






No comments: