WHAT?!
And we both have colds. Well, I have a cold (a real humdinger) and I think he does too... or it could just be teething that's making him snotty and irritable. Ringing in the new year with a cold is not ideal. Already this year that was supposed to be "my year," full of resolutions and promises and goals has been reduced to sitting in my pjs, ignoring stabs of pain every time I swallow, blowing my nose, attempting to focus blurry sleep deprived eyes and trying to muster up enough energy to play with my child. That sounds pretty dismal. However, my resolution to make good on my resolutions is not in such bad shape as I currently appear to be. As soon as I beat this pesky bug I'm gonna go forward with my plan of becoming the best, bravest, sweetest, coolest, and greatest version of myself. I don't really like sharing my goals with the general public (EVEN when my blog is private), but feel free to watch as I transform. This year is my year. :)
Anyway, back to my really old son. Here are some new tidbits about him:
He cut his first tooth (finally). It's still in its very beginning stages where it looks red and swollen with a touch of jagged whiteness peeking through. Teething must be horrible. I'm glad I don't remember it.
Still walks only when and how far he feels so inclined. (Yawn.) He's so bouncy and jumpy and wiggly I think he'll run before he actually walks consistently.
He likes to make funny noises. He imitates us doing weird pterodactyl sounds and also responds to "What does a lion say?" (growl) and "What does a kitty say?" (meow-- although in his case it's more of a high pitched "owww"). He has no interest in monkey, horse, cow, duck, or pig noises except to smile appreciatively at my theatrical efforts.
My little "I'll eat almost anything you put in front of me and plenty of it to boot" boy has become "I don't want to eat anything at all except for an occasional cheerio" boy. This is so frustrating. I have become incredibly sneaky and creative due to this new development. Morning oatmeal and apple sauce are consumed by enthusiastic pantomiming, fake out bites with cheerios and distraction (dancing and singing). A well placed tiny sliver of chocolate on top of a bite of veggies, games of finishing his cartons of yogurt, a piece of chicken smashed into the center of a cheerio or the back of a bit of cracker are some of the tricks I've learned. Please come back to me, non-picky eater.
He loves playing peek-a-boo with anything and everything-- blankets, clothes, books, teddy bears... He'll hide behind it and wait until we start calling his name. He'll then pop out with a very pleased and very gummy grin. He also got the hang of "So Big" and loves to throw his hands up in the air to show us how big he really is.
Loves to give hugs and pretend that he's tired. He'll be playing with something or other when he'll suddenly drop his head to the floor and and snuggle up like he's about to go to sleep. When I peek around to look at him he smiles sneakily and "wakes up" again, ready to play some more.
Hudson and I spend the greater portion of our day dancing. If you think our kitchen is just that, you're wrong. It's actually a hoppin' dance joint. We get pretty groovy.
Ummmmmm... Hudson's yodelling upstairs instead of taking an afternoon nap like he should be so I'll close for now. I've got a bunch of pictures, but I'll settle for posting just a few and do the rest later.
'Sup
The next Pavarotti
Comin to get you
Oh No!
And tired from all his antics...
No comments:
Post a Comment