Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm a big kid now...

Yesterday I felt so grown up. Is this good or bad? The me who goes to a family ward and still feels kind of like she's playing house thinks it is while the Peter Pan in me silently rebels.

Two things contributed to this grown up feeling.
  1. I bought girl scout cookies from two little girls who came to my door. At my house. And I bought some. How grownup is that?! One of the girls is in my primary and we recognized each other and she wouldn't stop beaming at me. They were with an older brother (I'm assuming) who plays with Brandon on his Young Men's team. I invited them in and signed up for four boxes. Haha, once I started I couldn't stop. Come March I will be one happy lady.
  2. I made up a recipe for dinner last night. Yes, yes. Very mature, indeed. It turned out pretty well too. It was a type of spaghetti with garlic, zucchini and chicken with Parmesan on top. Yum. Even Hudson loved it and ate leftovers for lunch today.
Here's what it looked like:



So that was my grown up day. However, later than night I had fun with Hudson while giving him his bath, splashing each other with water and making his hair stand straight up. Then Brandon and I watched the BYU game with two other couples we know from BYU while their kids slept in pack n plays in various rooms. The boys hooted and hollered at The Jimmer's amazing abilities while the girls giggled and screeched with laughter like school girls at silly jokes and stories. So maybe I'm still not all that grown up after all. Or maybe grown ups hoot and holler and giggle and screech too. And if so, that is a very good thing and I guess I'll be just fine with "growing up."




Oh hello, cutest kid in the world.

1 comment:

Alarie said...

So cute! He's lucky he got your eyelashes!