Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hudson at the Dentist

Hudbud had his first dentist appointment last Monday. I've been dreading it since he makes such a fuss at the doctor's office and I thought this would involve lots of crying, holding down, screaming, and possibly biting, but it went almost perfectly! For several days leading unto his appointment, I kept telling Hudson about the fun dentist he was going to see and that he would look at and count his teeth. Then we'd play "dentist" where I'd look at his teeth and then he'd look at mine. I also promised him a special surprise if he was very good at his appointment. Brandon luckily was able to come with us. Hudson was a little leery of the hygienist and the chair by all the instruments, but she gave him a Cars toothbrush and he was delighted. She said that they like to keep the first visit pretty low-key and not scary. So she went to fetch our dentist (who I really, really like, btw) while we waited. That was the hardest part about the whole thing. The dentist had a hard extraction that was taking longer than he'd planned so we were waiting for around 15+ minutes, trying to keep Hudson corralled and happy. Once he finally came over we coaxed Hud into the chair, on daddy's lap and even got him to open his mouth for the dentist to check out his bite, spacing, teeth, etc... Everything checked out and Hudson got to pick out a prize which he loved. He also go a little football from mommy and daddy. We left very relieved and happy.

He was putting on quite a show for us while we were waiting for the dentist. He likes to do faces on command and after our laughter at his sad face he wouldn't stop pouting. Such a silly little boy. :)






You'd never guess from these pictures that the visit was a success.

No comments: