Thursday, February 23, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas was delightful. It always is. My only complaint is that entire season passed to quickly. When January came I somehow felt like I hadn't fully savored the holiday season. It went by so fast I don't know if I was able to enjoy all the little things I usually love. I listened to carols and Christmas music, made cookies, sent out cards, put up cards people sent us on the fridge, taught the primary "When Joseph Went to Bethlehem," and decorated our house with Hudson and Bran. But it was too short. I guess time will only get faster as I get older and have more children and more responsibilities. I'll have to make it a special priority to really cherish December, Christmas, and everything that entails.

We did have a lovely visit home. We squished Cailey and Brad into our car and made the drive with great weather and clear roads thanks to our winter of shockingly little snow. We stayed at my family's house since the Doyle's had Tyler, Taya, and Tanner staying there. We got there Friday night (technically very early Saturday morning) just in time for Christmas Eve. We did a sort of express Chrsitmas gift exchange with the Doyle's on Saturday since Ty and Taya would be going to San Fran on Christmas. I got a sewing machine and I'm soooo excited to learn to sew. Especially with a little girl on the way. :) That night after putting Hudson to bed, we ended up opening almost all our presents at my family's house as well since church was at noon the next day and we would be going to the Doyle's after church until dinner time. We saved all of Hudson's presents for Christmas morning and it's a good thing we opened the rest before because that spoiled little kiddo got a craaaazy amount of goodies and he was seriously opening up presents for about 3 days. When you're the only grandkid on both sides with lots of doting aunts and uncles, you get spoiled. It's just a fact. One that we're grateful for. :) And Hudson had a BALL opening his presents. He loved everything and was so so excited. His Santa present was a train set and table that we didn't open and set up until we got back to Utah.
New Years was so hilariously fun. My sisters had all their young adult friends come and party at our house with pizza, soda, treats, a hysterical talent show of sorts, dancing, yelling, screaming, fireworks, wrestling, laughing, and picture taking. I canNOT believe Hudson somehow stayed asleep in the basement for ALL of it. It was seriously crazy how loud it was. My parents, Cailey, Brad, Bran and I had fun partying with all the single people and a jolly good time was had by all.

It was a wonderful week of vacation before we had to make the drive back to Utah. Luckilly, the uncommonly warm winter weather here made the transition easier. Where is the snow this year anyway??  

Picture time. Get ready.

Hud and Boggy

Christmas Eve with Hudson in his new Christmas jammies

19 weeks and a bit

Playing with grandma's toys

He LOVES my family's cat Emmy and followed her everywhere

Including under the tree

Exploring all the presents

Or maybe still looking for the kitty

Giving daddy a kiss to wake him up on Christmas morning

Opening presents. Hud loves puzzles






Yes he really does love Cars :)

Little photo shoot during breakfast a few mornings after Christmas:



blurry, but so cute



This was while playing fruit ninja with xbox kinect at the Doyles.

Also, dancing with kinect. Hilarious. Lorrie and I had a good battle. I've got to get more pictures from the Doyles. I'm seriously lacking there. I'll add more when I get them.

No comments: