On Saturday we had a nice lazy morning (Hud slept in until nine! Thank you!) and then went to buy a lawn mower and some gardening supplies. We spend a few hours in the blissfully warm sunshine weeding, planting, and mowing. Finally we don't have to feel like the neighborhood eyesore. We felt very grownup too, purchasing our very first lawn mower and everything that entails (i.e. maturity, wisdom, greatness... etc.). Anyway, after that we went on a wonderful date to Christopher's Steak House in Draper and then to see the movie Thor while Maddie and Morgan came to babysit. Divine food, fun movie, and great time.
Today was lovely too. We had scrambled eggs and orange rolls for breakfast, a slow morning and a good time a church. My primary kids sang beautifully and we had a blast during singing time. For dinner I made a pot roast and mashed potatoes and for dessert I made a mud pie/ice cream cake. Amazing. Maddie came to eat with us and we all had fun skype-ing with the Gallachers and the Doyles. Hud put on quite a show. He seriously gets cuter and cuter. How is this possible?!
I should have taken more pictures on Saturday... Here's a little planter with some cheerful flowers. There were weeds everywhere before this.
Mother's Day photo shoot
I love little Hud bud holding my hand here. Being a mom is the absolute best and I'm so grateful to my own mother for raising me the way she did. I'm also grateful to my mother in law for raising my studly, wonderful husband. Here's to mom's everywhere!
1 comment:
i love the little argyle socks! do you guys own your house? or are you just good tenants?
Post a Comment