Monday, March 8, 2010

One Month Old

Hudson turned one month on Saturday! I can't believe how fast time is flying by. Brandon's mom came in town for the weekend and we've had a blast. It's been so nice to have the help and the company. To celebrate his birthday, Hudson surprised us all by rolling from his stomach to his back two times! We were all very excited and proud of him. :) We'll upload a video soon hopefully...

Here are some fun facts about Hudson:

He weighs 9 lbs and 6.5 oz. He's eating a lot better now and we've gone off formula almost completely.

He LOVES to smile!! Not only does he frequently do adorable smiles in his sleep, he now gives us big toothless grins when we kiss his mouth repeatedly (he opens wide and likes the smacking sound) and when we move his arms in a clapping motion while we make embarrassing cooing noises. For some reason he doesn't like to do this when we're trying to take a video... I have a hilarious one where I'm begging him to smile and he gives me a very pronounced frown. Ha! I'll upload it when I figure it out.

He's a healthy boy even though he's been to the doctor's more times than I can count (jaundice blood tests, check-ups, a head cold, weight checks, now an ultrasound for his clicking hip... hopefully nothing major)

He's a wonderful sleeper. After the first week (when he would be fussy for several hours every night) he has now settled into a very lovely sleep pattern. I feed him before I go to bed, once at 4-5 am, and then again at around 8-9 am. He is occasionally fussy during the day, but he's a pretty good-natured little baby. He doesn't do too well with sleeping in his crib. He mostly likes to sleep on my chest or in my arms. I know, I know... That's not really what he's supposed to be doing and we're working on getting him in his crib. It's a process. For now, I'm enjoying feeling his little head nestled in my neck and listening to him breathe.

He loves his aunts, uncles, grandmas, and grandpas (and of course his parents). Don't ask me how I know this. I just do.

He has the funniest scowl I've ever seen, and he loves to furrow his eye brows and forehead.

He has adorable cries. My favorite is an overly dramatic, shuddering, "faking it" one that lasts a couple seconds and is low pitched. Does that make sense? I guess I need another video.

That's all I can think of for now...

He's changing so much everyday!

As much as I miss this...



I guess I can settle for having this...

2 comments:

Rachel Johnson said...

Hey you guys! Your little guys is so CUTE! He is precious and I am happy for you two. I was wondering about the hat you put in him for his photo shoot. Where did you get that- it is sooo cute! I need to make one for Liz she just had her baby on Monday. She had a boy also. He is adorable and since Liz is a photographer- we need some cute accessories for all the millions of pictures Liz will take of this baby! Thanks and enjoy that baby while he is still little! It goes by way too quick! Oh, I almost forgot- that last picture in this post looks exactly like a Doyle- it is CRAZY!!!

bdoyle said...

Hey Rachel, thanks so much! That hat actually belongs to the photographer who took our pictures. I think a friend made it for her...