So much has happened during the last almost two months... It keeps building up and the task of catching up keeps getting more and more daunting. So before I do a million posts and share all our busy "end of summer" stuff I just wanted to do a quick update on my Hudson. Here's some little details about the the ball of fire that makes mine and Brandon's worlds go round...
He loves to talk and he's getting so good at communicating. He learns new words everyday. I can't even keep track of his vocabulary anymore. It's so fun to hear what he's saying and thinking. I'm always surprised when he says something new. Today I was looking everywhere for the dvd player remote. I kept saying, "where's the remote?" and I was going crazy looking in all the normal places. Hudson was following me around saying a word that sounded like a mixture of "mutt" and "mote." I finally realized he might be trying to talk to me so I turn to ask him, "Hud, do you know where the remote is?" He beams at me and trots over to his toy box and points to the missing remote wedged between the box and the wall and says, "Mote!!" haha, I should have known.
He loves to turn around and back up into me saying "back! back!" which means he wants me to rub his back for him. He figured this out at a year and a half? Oh boy.
He figured out how to do his "sss" sound at the end of words and it KILLS me. Cutest thing in the world. He loves to yell "yesssss" and "carssss" and "pleasssse" to us with a big grin.
Speaking of please, he's getting the best manners. He totally gets when to say please and thank you. I love when he says it to strangers and/or friends at the correct times. He also knows that "pweeeees" usually gets him what he wants because he's just so darn cute when he says it. :)
He's gotten more cuddly and affectionate as he's gotten older, if that's possible. If he sees a soft blanket, pillow, or stuffed animal he gets this little soft, squinty eye and goes, "ohhhhh" as he gives the object a little snuggle. He also loves to come up to me and Brandon saying "oh mommy/daddy" with that little "awww" expression while he gives us hugs and kisses.
OBSESSED with pixar movies. Mostly Cars, but also Ratatouille, Finding Nemo, Toy Story 2, The Incredibles, Rio (is that Pixar?)... Mostly movies we've recorded on our DVR. He's not too into little educational shows which might be a slight problem since those would help with letters/numbers/colors whatever haha. He's all about the movies.
Still calls water "marney." Don't know why. Don't care why. Just love it. Cutest.
When he does something silly and Brand and I laugh he yells "What?! What?!"with big smile. It's hilarious. He's such a ham. The more you laugh at something the more he'll do it. Once he tripped over Brigham's legs while he was visiting and someone snickered. He then proceeded to purposely trip over his legs about nine times so we'd all laugh at him some more.
He's hit the pouting/tantrum stage hard. He's mastered the slow glare (through those eyelashes and surfer hair? It melts me every time), the drop to the ground in despair, crying on command, throwing things in anger, jutting out the bottom lip and all those adorable toddler traits. He gets over his frustrations quickly and he's so sweet it's not a big deal. Mostly, it's just hard not to laugh and instead calmly but firmly fix the problem and the attitude. But what a cute attitude it is.
He loves to go outside and play. We have a sandbox that he's obsessed with and he loves to run around our lawn with his arms out while singing at the top of his lungs. We also love to go on walks around the block where we run around, try and get him to hold hands when crossing the street, saying hello to bugs, collecting rocks, and sitting on the sidewalk and saying "buh bye" to cars as they drive by.
He loves playing with friends and giving them hugs and kisses. His best friends are his parents and we love it. Hudson loves to walk daddy to the door when he goes to work or "wok" as hud calls it, give him a hug and kiss and then run to the front window so he can watch his car leave. When Bran comes home he gets SOOO excited.
Like most kids he also LOVES books, which makes me so happy. He has me read him a million books a day and then reads them to himself too. The other day we were at our friends the Hendershot's house. Hudson and his buddy Creed were pretty quiet in Creed's room so we went to check on them and they were just sitting together reading books and showing each other the pictures. So beautiful.
Okay, it's midnight and I don't want to be too tired for the second day of General Conference. Today was so great. Love this time of year. Forgive my gushing over Hudson. I really can't help it. :) I'm a mom so I get a pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment