Thursday, September 9, 2010

I have a seven month old monkey

Hudson is seven months. I cannot believe this. And I have no idea how it's even possible that he's so old. I'm in denial. Kind of... Because I'm still going to do a seven month baby update so I guess I'm acknowledging it despite my professed denial.

Measurements: These I don't know yet since we're getting yet another pediatrician here in California. I'll post them soon!
Eating: He happily eats three meals a day now (in addition to nursing and bottles). I mix his baby food with oatmeal cereal and he gobbles it down. His favorites are sweet potatoes, anything with bananas (I have to be careful with them because he can't digest them very well), apricots, applesauce, pears, mangoes, avocados, carrots and peas (if I disguise them with fruit, haha), and mixes with berries... Okay, I guess he really likes everything. But mostly fruit or anything sweet. He also eats Gerber's puffs and yogurt melts, cheerios, and banana bread.
Sleeping: He went through a tough time --or should I say Brandon and I went through a tough time-- during the last month. He started waking up several times a night and waking up very early... I think it's a mixture of being sick, traveling, time changes, and teething. He slept though the night again the past couple nights so hopefully we're getting out of this phase. His bedtime is around 8:30 usually.
Activity: Where do I even start? He's a pro at crawling and is getting so speedy. He can finally sit by himself and will stay that way for little bits at a time depending on if a very exciting toy can hold his attention that long. He still pulls himself up to standing, but now he's figured out how to sit back down so it's not so stressful to watch him. He's started cruising too. Just a few steps while holding onto things, but he's getting it... Much faster than I'd like him to. He can crawl up stairs (his record is four so far). He's good at maneuvering around-- i.e. he can go from crawling to sitting to kneeling to standing pretty easily. I love when he kneels. It's adorable. He's working on his pincer grasp and has started putting small things in his mouth which is terrifying. He kind of started choking on a little piece of something the other day and luckily my brother saw it in his mouth. It was so scary and a good wake up call to be careful with keeping things off the floor or on low tables that he can pull up to. He's also a complete monkey as far as climbing and clinging to things goes. One of the hardest things in the world is to change his diaper and put on his clothes because he never stops wiggling. He's a handful, but we love it. :)
Personality: Obviously he's very active and curious. He loves to smile and he laughs all the time. He's also pretty bold and not easily startled. He growls and attacks people (eats/sucks on their faces) and likes to push other babies over and touch/grab at their faces. I'm hoping this is all done in loving curiosity... ha, oh dear. He's also very sweet and occasionally snugly. I treasure those times, haha. He's gone completely into the attachment phase and he's definitely a mama's boy. He's starts sobbing if he sees me leave the room and reaching for me if I'm nearby. He'll be having a marvelous time playing around with someone and then he'll see me and start whimpering and reaching for me like he's been tortured and I'm coming to rescue him. He's still friendly and loves to play with his aunts and uncles and grandparents, but he's getting more and more clingy. It's pretty funny and sweet, but a little inconvenient. I have to hide from him when I walk by if I want to get things done, but it's a wonderful thing to be greeted with so much love. My favorite thing is when he's trying to get to me and I pick him up, he clings tightly to my shoulders and around my neck and buries his head under my chin. Being a mom really is the most wonderful blessing I could ask for.
Talking: Just the usual baby sounds and syllables. Favorites are "mah" "bah" and "dah". Still a growler and squealer.

Alrighty, picture time.

"Property of Mom" :)



With the gramps

It was a little chilly last night and my mom and I wanted to take him on a walk so we busted out the hoodies. I love fall. And I love fall clothes. Especially on babies. :)

With mama


Exploring

Climbing up on mom

Looking over at grandma

A little blurry but still cute

I look funny in this one, but I love Hud's little glance up at me. I love my boy.

We kind of took a lot...

... as usual

Ready for the walk

More exploring

This is what I'm talking about when I say my son's a monkey. We were all talking around the table and on the couch and Hud was crawling around doing his thing when we realized he had climbed up onto the back bars of Cami's chair and was laughing gleefully at his success. We freaked out and went be behind him in case he fell and started taking pictures of the crazy kid.

Triumph! Also, I cannot believe how old he looks...

The little man is crawling up my leg and obviously wants some attention so I better go.

1 comment:

lindsay said...

oh my gosh he's so BIG!!!!! i can't believe is climbing up on things!! wow.. by the time we see you guys he'll be almost one!!