But first, here are some things about Hud bud as a new one-year-old that I want to remember:
He loves walking backwards and looking around to see if anyone is admiring his skills.
He adores putting balls in the basketball hoop Brandon and I got him for his birthday. After each basket he also looks around for recognition and if no one happened to see it, he starts clapping for himself until we join in with oohs and ahhs.
He also loves kicking balls around the room. He's actually pretty good at maneuvering the balls around. Brandon heard about two year old soccer teams and is now adamant that Hud gets to be in one. Oh dear.
When he's excited he starts marching in place and emphatically waving his arms up and down.
He just mastered the O and G sounds. He loves adding "oh" and "ooh" to the end of his sounds. Also, where he used to say dada and daddy (more like "duh deeeee") he now calls Brandon dada and dougey ("duh geeee"). So I've joined in the fun and started calling Bran "Doug" occasionally as well.
I am still Mama.
His latest "words" are ball (bah or bah-ooo) and uh-oh. He's trying to say car, but hasn't quite gotten it yet. It's so fun to see him understanding and responding more.
I just bought him a big boy car seat. It should be here today. Forward-facing!!! Yeah!
He likes to climb into his toy baskets and squish himself between all his toys. Then he get bored and stuck and yells for me to come help him out.
He eats oatmeal mixed with applesauce every single morning.
He's finally getting used to real milk versus formula.
I've never seen a little kid give so many hugs. He seriously hugs me probably 30+ times a day. I'll be sitting on his bedroom floor on my phone or reading while he plays with his toys around me and he'll come up, put his hands on my knees, maneuver his head so it's right in front of mine until I look up at him and his big smile and as soon as he has my attention he puts his arms around my neck and kisses my cheek. Then he's done and goes off to play again and I'm left grinning and tearing up and praying a little prayer of thanks for such a loving little boy in my life. You'd think I'd be used to it by now. I'm not and I hope I never take those hugs for granted.
When he's concentrating really hard (like on puzzle pieces or a book) he'll hunch his shoulders and jut his chin and neck out like a turtle. It's hilarious.
He loves to play with Bran and I in our bed in the mornings. We make tents under the comforter and he giggles and wiggles and claps his hands in delight.
He loves his aunts, uncles and grandparents so much. He gets excited to see them on skype and beams when they come over to visit him. He gave his Uncle Justin lots of slobbery kisses when he was over on Monday night and couldn't stop staring and smiling at Aunt Cailey in the car when she went to Salt Lake with us yesterday.
He can't get enough of peekaboo. He loves hiding and popping out, turning his head away only to whip back around a second later, and putting blankets/towels/clothes/whatever he can find over his head before pulling it down with a grin and laugh. He's also obsessed with putting blankets over himself and wandering around the room like a ghost (we're usually able to stop him before he collides with too many walls, haha).
I think that's enough for now. Suffice it to say, Hudson constantly amazes and delights us and I sometimes wish I had his whole life on video.
I just got a new phone and have been taking even more pictures than usual, haha. Here are a few.
Playing outside
Funny face
Insanely crooked teeth :)
Ready for bed




1 comment:
i love his curly-ish hair! :) and those are great pics--did you get an iphone?
Post a Comment