Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fun Facts and Sweet Memories

I've been working on this post for a while. I just keep adding more tidbits that I want to be sure to remember. I'm too busy/lazy to figure out the whole privatizing process right now so I will sometime next week when we're in our new house.
-A little while ago I was putting Hudson to bed by cuddling with him on the bed with his bottle. I was singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow while he nestled contentedly in the crook of my arm. Then he batted the bottle away and rolled to a crawling position. This is not a rare occurrence so I was prepared to put him back and calm him down again when he crawled/climbed up on me and then put his head down between my shoulder and jawline. I love when he's calm enough to snuggle so I continued singing and I was surprised to hear soft, musical little "duh, duh, duh" noises accompanying my singing. It only lasted about 25 seconds, but it was one of the sweetest things I've ever heard.

-Hudson does thing thing where when he's scurrying away from us and we call his name, he'll stop and sit back to look at us. We tell him to come back and he'll smile impishly and then go back to crawling away until we call his name again when the whole thing repeats. He stops every single time we say his name. So although he may not have learned obedience yet, I love that he knows who he is.

-Hud just figured out how to use his little walker to race around the kitchen and living room. It's so crazy to watch how fast babies pick up on things. We finally got around to lowering it so his feet could touch the ground yesterday and he realized he could propel himself around the room. By the end of the day he was chasing me around the kitchen island, squealing with delight

-He loves to kiss my face and attack me with excited hugs. The other day I was at the Doyle's helping my mother in law with something for a bit while Sammy and Brandon played with Hudson. When I went over to pick him up he reached for me with a big smile. He grabbed me around the neck while kissing my face. Then he used his hands to hold my face so he could kiss my mouth while I kept laughing. He's a little lover boy. :)

-Instead of charging at us whenever we get down to crawl with him, he now gets the concept of running away while we chase him. He giggles and screams as we scramble after him across the the carpet.

-Emmy (the cat) is his favorite thing. He loves animals and makes grunting yells at them whenever he sees them in an effort to communicate. Emmy is the only one I let him kind of play with (under close supervision) since it doesn't even phase her when he grabs a fistful of fur or pulls her ears. He crawls after her while giggling and laughs hysterically when he touches her fur and sees her face. She's a good sport. I would have to say that besides people his favorite things are (in order): animals, technology (phones, chords, laptops, remotes...), being outside, and crinkly paper.

-Speaking of being outside and loving it, Hud will sneak out the door to the back deck if the door's open whenever he gets the chance. He loves going on walks and is mesmerized by everything he sees around him whenever we take him outside.

-Amazingly, Hudson is getting so good at putting himself to sleep. We've tried the cry it out method a few times with minimal success, but this last week or so it finally clicked. He didn't make a peep today when I put him down for both naps and tonight when he went to sleep for the night. So lovely. :) He still wakes up either in the middle of the night or insanely early and then goes back to sleep with us in our bed for a while or for the rest of the night... Hopefully the sleep time will stretch into a more comfortable schedule.

Okay, that's all I'll say for now. I've got about 500 pictures to upload (literally) so I'll try and narrow that number down to something more manageable and get 'em up here.

In conclusion, I love my little Hudson so much and I can't believe how lucky I am to be his mother.

No comments: