Saturday, December 12, 2009

Update

It's been a little while since I've updated this blog so here is a recap of the last month or so:
Brandon will probably get mad, but I just wanted to brag about him for a second because in the beginning of November he was named one of the Utah Student 25 (awarded by an organization to the top 25 student entrepreneurs in Utah) for a business he's doing with his dad, and we got to go to a really fun and fancy-shmancy gala at the Hotel Grand America in Salt Lake. Good food, GORGEOUS bathrooms, and a cool plaque for my babe. :) I was very proud of him. And I even got to buy a formal maternity dress, ha.
Getting ready to go to the banquet

Thanksgiving break was so much fun. We drove down to Southern California to celebrate Thanksgiving (the weekend before) with Brandon's extended family. I got to go to Courtney's (Bran's cousin who's due about a week and a half before me) baby shower and meet a LOT of Brandon's family. We also got to hang out in San Clemente at the beach for a couple days which was so nice and relaxing. We then drove up to Granite Bay/Loomis to join our families for the actual Thanksgiving holiday. I love love love my family and it was great to be home. Unfortunately, I got some kind of stomach bug (that no one else got...weird) that resulted in me throwing up six times the night before Thanksgiving. I didn't get any sleep that night and couldn't keep anything down. I can't even remember the last time I threw up and it was horrible, especially being pregnant. Looking back, I guess I had it pretty easy my first trimester. Oh, funny story- so that night I was throwing up every hour or so and at 2 am I didn't make it to the bathroom but luckily had a bowl nearby. Brandon woke up to my lovely sounds and rubbed my back until I was done. I told him that if I threw up again, I wanted him to give me a blessing so I could get some sleep. He agreed, but he said he thought I was done and would feel better soon. Well, 3 am rolled around and I ran to the bathroom-- at this point there was nothing in my stomach so it was pretty painful. I hobble back to bed and shake Brandon asking him for a blessing. He was so tired and delirious he just moaned and said, "Go to sleep." No matter what I said he would not wake up and give me a blessing. Haha! He emphatically denied this the following morning, saying he would never do that. At least I found out now that Brandon is no good to me when he's tired. :) Anyway, I was pretty careful with eating and overeating for the rest of the trip and I ended up losing three pounds during the vacation--- unheard of for me over Thanksgiving!!
Doyle family at the beach


Yummy dinner at my house on Thanksgiving


My wonderful grandmother



Brandon and I during my family's Christmas photo shoot



Now we're back in Provo. The weather has been unbearably cold, but the snow is fun (although it makes Brandon very paranoid about me slipping on ice). I just wish I could go skiing. My sisters and Brandon are all studying hard for finals and it feels so strange not to have any tests or papers to stress over. I've just been having fun with girls nights, Christmas parties, reading amazing books while sipping hot cocoa, and looking online at baby stuff.

Speaking of baby... I'm 32 weeks now and feeling great. I'm definitely looking (and feeling!) a lot bigger. Since I was such a huge baby and Brandon was no runt, I'm just praying for a baby under ten pounds! I have an appointment on Monday, but so far it's been very smooth sailing. The little guy has settled into a head down position (so he hopefully won't be born breach like his daddy) and he still moves almost constantly. Brandon and I love to feel and see his movements. We are the typical cheesy parents-to-be and already think he's so cute, haha.

Well, this was a long post that was more for my benefit as a journal entry than anything else, but if you're still reading, Merry Christmas!!! Enjoy this wonderful season!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

You look so cute! So glad you're feeling great as well! My husband was amazing and did tons of night-time parenting. But once, I woke him to take care of Audrey, and he had a similar reaction to Brandon. Me: "Honey, I think I hear the baby."
Graton (not yet awake): "Could you say that any NICER!"

Sleep-deprivation can be a challenge, but it doesn't last forever, thank goodness!

Becca said...

You are darling! Though we talk relatively often it is always fun to read little updates on your life and see pictures! Love you!

whitney johnson said...

good job brandon! and i love the maternity dress! very cute :)