Wednesday, January 20, 2010

...huh?

I had my 37 week appointment yesterday and I'm dilated 1 cm, 70% effaced, and at -1 station. Whaaaa?? After doing some research, I realized that those numbers don't automatically mean labor is right around the corner, but it was still a reality check. The due date seems so far away and the concept of actually having a baby is still incredibly surreal so hearing that my body is actually beginning its preparation for birth was a little shocking. I'm actually going to meet this little guy who's been dancing and flipping and shoving and kicking inside my belly for so long! All my doctor had to say about delivery was that he didn't think the baby would come before my appointment next week... Suddenly I'm hoping that he doesn't come early and that I have a few more weeks to prepare (watch when I regret those words if he's late, haha).

In conclusion, this all maybe means nothing, but it was exciting and nerve wracking and scary and wonderful to hear anyway.

Hudson's on his way!

1 comment:

Hendershots said...

How exciting! We can't wait for Hudson! Hope to see you soon!