Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Livin' in the South

First of all, I'm a terrible blogger. I don't know if I'll ever be very good at updating this even though I like to look at other blogs. I feel like I need a little baby to post pictures of to make this interesting, but since I don't have one of those yet and I have way too much free time on my hands- here I am.

So let's see... We're here in Augusta, Georgia and it's beautiful. Brandon's job is going well. It's a lot of responsibility to be the manager of an office, but he's doing great. That said, we're both excited for when we move on to the part of our lives where he can do what he loves for work instead of this, although it's a good summer job and the people he works with are all really fun.

As for me... I don't do much. Bran has the car all day so I mostly hang out in our apartment. I cook and clean and then re-clean because I'm bored. Lately I have started talking to myself, imagining my future little children that come to hang out with me (does that sound creepy? It's not supposed to), and having enthusiastic dance parties all by myself in my living room with my ipod at full volume. My latest favorite pump-up song is Get Ready by the Temptations, although I have nothing to get ready for. I think I'm dealing with a slight identity crisis because I graduated in April and it's weird not to have the constant need to be writing a paper or reading for a quiz. It's so strange to think that I'm done. I was so ready for school to be over and to be free of research papers, but I already miss them! Bad sign. I may try for a masters after all.

My main goal for the summer is to finish a novel that I have had in my head since I was sixteen. I get embarrassed when I tell people that. Hopefully that will change when I actually publish something-- that's when, not if. I'm working on positive thinking. :)

Alright, that's enough babbling for now. I'll post a few pictures of my new southern surroundings soon!

1 comment:

KaycieQ said...

YAY living in the south!! it's so fun! and it's so pretty, huh? wait til you get to savannah and then you can visit me on hilton head island! then you'll be in grand awe! haha YAY for us hanging out!!