Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Because I just need to get a post done

It's so sad to compare my blogging during 2011 compared to 2010. I used to love posting a million pictures of my little chubby monkey, but now it's like pulling teeth to get me to do a post. Not that I don't have tons of pictures I'd like to show off like any normal "humble" mother, I just don't seem to have the time. And I only have ONE kid!! Or when I do seem to get a little time to myself (aka nap time) I spend it cleaning, doing laundry, writing, or sitting on the couch in an exhausted stupor. I don't know how I'm supposed  to do this with two children. Oh yeah, forgot to announce on here that I'm expecting again. (This could explain some of the exhaustion...) We're gonna have a little girl on May 26th! I'm so so excited. We just found out that it's a girl yesterday and I was floored. I was sure it was a boy even though everyone I'd talked to said they thought I was having a girl AND this pregnancy has been very different so far. The ultrasound technician asked us if we wanted a boy or girl and we said we were kinda leaning towards a boy since it would be nice for Hudson and then she sticks the wand on my tummy tum and says, "whoa, showing off already... Um, you guys are having a girl." I just burst into tears. I guess I didn't know how much I secretly wanted a daughter. :) And Heavenly Father obviously knows more than we do what is best for our family and for Hudson so a little girl it is! The more I've thought about it, the more grateful I am. If we had another Hudson-esque kiddo running around the two might be completely out of control, wrestling maniacs. Hopefully this girl will be something of a calming influence. Haha, I could be completely jinxing myself. We'll see.

So anyway, I just wanted to get a bunch of stuff recorded and Hudson is contentedly cuddled up next to me while watching Rio so I'm biting the bullet and doing it. This is mostly going to be a brain dump. A sort of mish mash of memories and observances revolving around our beautiful little man cub.

Hudson is 22 months and amazes us everyday. He's so sweet and rambunctious that he keeps us on our toes with smiles on our faces. He has SUCH a strong will (don't most almost 2 year olds). He loves saying no and jutting his lower lip out in defiance. Time outs have become a must in our household, mostly for consistently teaching him not to do something perilous to his health (climbing on counters, reaching for knives, trying to touch the stove, jumping off things and the occasionally hitting). He can be such a rascal and then turn around and be the sweetest kid ever. He loves to give hugs and kisses while making sweet cooing noises. He gets this soft, smiley face and says, "Oh, mommy..." and puts his head on my shoulder. And then I dissolve into a hopeless pile of mush. He's such a cuddler too. While watching movies he loves to sneak his arm behind my back so his arm is "around" me. He's my boyfriend.

He loves his daddy. Every morning when Brandon has to go to work, Hud looks up so sadly and asks "Daddy go work?" It breaks our hearts. One Monday after a particularly fun Sat/Sun with his daddy, Hud sees Bran heading for the door and says fearfully, "Work??" and Bran says, "Yeah, buddy. I gotta go to work today." Hudson then promptly fell on his face sobbing on the kitchen floor. It was a sad morning. We live for weekends. We love to have snuggle parties in the morning and make tents under the comforter in mommy and daddy's bed.

A few funny Hud stories (that were facebook statuses):
  • "Just brought dinner to some people and when we got back home Hudson threw himself on the ground sobbing, "My dinner! My dinner!" Apparently, he thinks I gave away all the food we own."
  • "When I ask Hudson if he wants me to have another baby so he can have a brother/sister to play with he gets really excited and says, "Yeah! Yeah! I doooo! I dooooo!" However, whenever I hold another child he looks at me with intense betrayal in his eyes and then literally falls on his face sobbing uncontrollably... Ummm, good thing we have six months to work on this."
  • "Hudson gets mad to the point of a tantrum if I put my hair in a ponytail. Apparently he likes my hair down haha"
  • "Watching Hudson try and keep his eyes shut for prayers while he tightly folds his arms is the cutest thing I've ever seen."
  • "Hudson was leaning against my arm as we sat next to each other, reading books on the couch when he slipped his arm behind my back around my waist. I have the sweetest son in the world. :)"
  • "When the birds kiss at the end of Rio Hudson goes, "ooh!" then gives me a little smile and a big smoocheroo... hahaha love that little guy."
Okay, I could think of way more things to say, but Hudson is not so content to have me just sit next to him and is demanding my attention.

p.s. I cut Hud's hair tonight (I think his 4th haircut) and he looks ADORABLE!!! The end.

No comments: