I can't believe I only did one blog post during the entire month of July. So many lovely things happened in that month. The longer I waited, the more daunting the task seemed so the longer I waited. But Hudson had his 18 month check up this morning so I thought that was as good an excuse as any to get my act together.
So, the little monkey is 18 months old. Here are his numbers:
Height: 33 1/2 in (82nd percentile)
Weight: 27 lbs (66th percentile)
Head: 49 cm (81st percentile)
I was so surprised at his weight. I seriously thought he was at least 30 lbs. He's just so solid and feels so huge to me. I guess that's because I'm always carrying him around.
Anyway, here's some stuff I wanna remember about him at this age:
He started getting his first four molars a few weeks ago and they're taking forever to break through. They keep going up and down. Anyway, this has made him a little more irritable and it's harder for him to fall asleep. I don't really know if that's the reason, but I blame pretty much everything on teething so...
He's got such an attitude! He throws little tantrums all the time and they are just so darn cute/hilarious it's all I can do not burst into laughter. His tantrums never last long and after a minute he's always running over to give me a hug and kiss. He also thinks he's hilarious. Which he is.
He finally likes movies/tv. I don't know if this is technically a "good" thing, but I won't pretend that it doesn't make my life a teensy bit easier. He's never gotten into kid cartoons like mickey mouse clubhouse and super why and all those types of shows. He'd occasionally be entertained by ESPN (basketball, duh) and transformers (weird, but made Brandon very happy and proud), but then... he discovered the movie Cars. And that started his obsession. All day long he'd point at the TV saying, "Car? Car? Car? Car?" I'd try to limit his watching to once a day, but we all have our moments of weakness. It was just so thrilling to be able to sit on the couch reading, writing, blogging, whatever while my wild and crazy 18 month old sat next to me with his head leaning on my arm for over an hour. However, I got very sick of Cars. Luckily his interest has spread to other cartoons. His favorites now are Cars (still), Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Beauty and the Beast, and Ratatouille. Those are actually the only ones we've tried since we recorded them on our DVR. He just likes animation now which is great!
Hudson is obsessed with giving kisses. His pucker is to die for and he bestows smackaroos on anyone who's willing. Good night kisses are the best. He goes back and forth from mommy to daddy over and over until we send him giggling to bed. He kisses his teddy bears, his toy cars, his string cheese, his friends, any baby he sees, and his rocking horse. He gives the best hugs too. I can't get over how lucky I feel to have such a loving, tender hearted little boy in my life.
His favorite new word is "nope." I don't know where he got this since Bran and I don't say it that often and he can say "no" just fine. He doesn't always get the N sound out right so it comes out quite frequently as "mope" and "dope" and "bope." It really is the cutest/funniest thing ever. His answer to almost everything right now is delicate little "n/m/d/bope" with a pout and shake of the head. Contrary little cutie.
Food likes: all fruits, sugar snap peas, carrots, peas, croutons, pasta, zucchini/squash, bread, crackers, cookies, carbs in general, juice, milk, water (all the time), pb&j, CHEESE, cucumbers in vinegar (weird, right? but awesome), craisens, dried mango, yogurt
Food dislikes: eggs, most meat, pb&j (he changes his mind a lot), green beans, mashed and baked potatoes,
Still a daredevil. He's getting much more confidant at the pool so it's easier to let him play at seven peaks. He loves going down the kid slides by himself there and going on the bigger ones with me or Brandon. He tries jumping off first one stair then two then three. This is pretty terrifying. He also likes to jump up and land on his bottom. Like doing a seat drop on the trampoline, only he does it on the hard ground. He thinks it's the funnest, coolest trick ever.
It's so crazy to see how fast he learns things now. He'll randomly say words I didn't even know that he knew. He's started linking words together, but just a little. Like "more cookie/cheese" or "my/mine car/ball/book" or "no, mommy/diaper/" etc.
He's pretty social usually. He loves to giggle with other kids, give them hugs, and follow the big ones around. He also loves to tickle babies and give them kisses. He's reentering an attachment phase though because nursery (which he's been going to for a few weeks) is now torture for him when it used to be heaven. Even if Brandon stays in there with him he screams for me and pounds on the door. Then I went in with him (when I had a break in primary) if he couldn't see me for half a second he burst into heartbroken sobs. I'm hoping this is just a phase. We're trying to use babysitters more often so he'll get used to separation.
There's tons more I could say about Hudson (obviously) but I'll just put it in as I go.
Here's to the best son I've ever had!
No comments:
Post a Comment